Bega Pioneers’ Museum Building
Built speculatively by surveyor Bransby as the Family Hotel in 1858/59, John Needham was issued the original license in 1860. By 1862 James Rixon had taken over, followed by Thomas Underhill in 1866 with members of his family continuing to run the business until 1922. Bega Valley Historical Society purchased the property in 1976 and after undertaking restoration work, opened it as a museum in 1977.
An important part of the town’s streetscape, the building is included on Bega Valley Shire Council’s Local Environment Plan and the National Trust of Australia (NSW) Register of the National Estate.
It now houses the Bega Pioneers’ Museum.