Fourter’s German Wagon
Thought to date from the 1840s or ‘50s, Fourter’s wagon was reportedly brought to Australia by the family when they migrated from Germany in 1884. In largely original condition, it retains its characteristic high sides and other elements typically seen in German farm wagons. Evidence of the customary red and blue colour scheme, linked with the Lutheran religious tradition of many 19th century German immigrants, also remains. It was used on Fourter’s Model Farm at Nethercote near Eden and probably also for carting activities
Fourter’s German wagon is on display at the Bega Pioneers’ Museum.