SWS Treadle Dental Drill
Known as a treadle drill, this type of dentist equipment was used between the 1890s and 1930. Powered by pumping the foot pedal up and down, it was the first mechanically powered dental drill, allowing for quicker treatments. Popular with professionals throughout Europe and the United States, it was invented in 1871 by American dentist James Beall Morrison who also designed dental chairs.
The drill is part of the collection of the Batemans Bay Old Court House Museum.